Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 26-30 minutes
Serve : 4
Ingredients for Shahi Paneer Recipe
- Paneer (cut into cubes 400 grams)
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Onions finely chopped (3 medium)
- Cashewnuts 15-20(soaked in hot water)
- Tomatoes finely chopped (6 medium)
- Red chilli powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Coriander powder (1 tablespoon)
- Salt to taste
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Cream 1cup
- Kasoori methi crushed (1 teaspoon)
- Garam masala powder (1 teaspoon)
- Green cardamom powder (1/4 teaspoon)
- Coriander leaves(chopped)
Step 1: Heat oil in a kadai. Add onions and fry for 2-3 mins. Add tomatoes and cook for 10-12 minutes or tomatoes are meshy.
Step 2: Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and sauté.
Step 3: Put all this mixture into a mixer jar. After cooling grind to a paste with a little water. Transfer the mixture into the same kadai.
Step 4:Take the soaked cashews and make a smooth paste. Add this paste in the kadai.
Step 5: Add butter, cover with a lid and cook on low flame for about 10 minutes.
Step 6: Add cream and mix well. Add paneer, kasoori methi , garam masala powder, green cardamom powder and mix well.
Step 7: Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with some cream and coriander leaves and serve hot.