Recipe Servings: 6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Total Cook Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Ingredients Of Chole Bhature
- 2 Cup Chole
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 1 Small Stick Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 3-4 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Tsp Whole Pepper (Sabut Kali Mirch)
- 3 Green Cardamom (Choti Elaichi)
- 2 Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 Tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Cup Onions (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1 Inch Ginger (Chopped)
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 1/2 Tsp Ajwain
- 2 Tsp Lime Juice
- 2-3 Green Chili (Chopped)
- 1 Tea Bag Or Coffee
- 1 Tbsp Butter
For The Bhaturas:
- 2 Cups Maida (Refined Flour)
- 1/2 tsp yeast, dissolved for 10 minutes in luke warm water
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- A pinch of salt
- Water to knead
- Oil for frying
How To Make Chole Bhature
1.Take a non-stick pan add oil, bay leaf, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cloves, whole pepper , green and black cardamom.
2.Fry for 1-2mins and then add chopped onions and saute it till light brown.
3.After sautéing, add chopped ginger and garlic(or ginger-garlic paste).
4.Add dry masalas (turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, asafoetida, salt ) and Fry on a low medium flame.
5.Then add the chopped tomatoes and let them cook till they become messhy.
6.Add little water.
7.Now add the chole (soaked overnight and pressure cooked) to the masala.
8.Now add ajwain, chopped green chilies and water for the base.
9.Add a tea bag to the masala for the color in the chole.
10.Cover the chole, and let them for an hour.
11.Add lime juice and butter to it.
12.Garnish the chole with coriander leaves.
13.Serve hot with bhaturas.
For The Bhaturas:
1.Take whole wheat flour, maida and salt, mix well together and then knead with adequate amount of water.
2.Sprinkle the yeast and Leave it for 2-3 hours for the yeast to work.
3.Make equal portions and Roll out in the desired shape.
4.Deep fry till golden brown, like a puri and then serve it hot.