Prepare time: 20 min
Cook: 20 min
- Mushrooms – 3 cups, cleaned, sliced
- Onions – 3, medium, sliced
- Tomato – 2, medium, finely chopped
- Green chilis – 2, slit
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper powder – 6- 7
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsps
- Saunf powder – 3/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsps
- Oil – 2 tbsps
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsps for garnishing
METHOD FOR MAKING MUSHROOM FRY RECIPE
1.Clean mushrooms and cut them in slice. Place them in salted boiling water for 1-2mins. Strain all water.
2.Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and saute the sliced mushrooms for 6-7 mins on medium flame. Remove from pan and keep aside.
3.In the same vessel, add the oil and heat it. Add the sliced onions and saute for 4-5 mins. Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilis and saute for 5 more mins till oil leaves the sides.
4.Mix well turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and saunf powder.
5.Add the chopped tomatoes and saute for 5-6 mins.
6.Add the mushrooms and mix well. Add few tsps water, and salt and mix well. Simmer on low flame for 10 mins till all the moisture is removed.
7.Increase flame and saute for 1 min.
8.Add garam masala powder, freshly crushed pepper and lemon juice and mix. Turn off flame.
9.Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapati, roti or rice.