Prepare time: 15 min
Cook: 30 min
- green peas
- Mushrooms – 250 gms, cleaned, washed and cubed
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Onion – 1, large, chopped
- Ginger-garlic-green chilli paste
- Tomatoes – 2, medium, blanched, peel and puree
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kasoori methi – 1 tsp, crushed
- Garam masala powder – crush 2 cloves, ½ inch cinnamon stick, 1 green cardamom
- Cashewnuts – 10, soaked in 1/4 cup hot milk for 15 mins and grind to a paste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsps
- Oil – 2 tbps(or butter)
METHOD FOR MAKING MATAR MUSHROOM RECIPE
1.Heat ghee or butter in a non-stick pan, add the cubed mushrooms and saute for 2 mins. Set aside.
2.In the same pan, add the oil, chopped onions and saute till onions turn light brown. Add the crushed ginger-garlic-green chili paste and again saute for 2 mins on medium flame.
3.Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix well. Add tomato puree and cook on medium flame for 6-7 mins or till oil leaves the sides. Add the green peas, a cup of water and salt and bring to a boil. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 4-5 mins.
4.Add the mushrooms and simmer for 10 mins or till mushrooms are cooked and the desired consistency of the curry is achieved.
5.Add kasoori methi, ground garam masala powder and cashew nut paste and mix well. Finally, add the fresh cream and mix and simmer for a min and turn off the flame.
6.Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati, naan or rice.