CATEGORY :Vegetarian Recipe
COURSE :Side-Dish Recipe
CUISINE :Indian Recipe
TECHNIQUE :Saute Recipe
SERVINGS :Serves 4
- 2 cup – cleaned mushroom, chopped
- 1 – red and green capsicum, chopped
- 1 – onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tomatoes – puree
- 1 tsp – cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp – coriander powder
- 1 tsp – Garam Masalapowder
- 1 tbsp – GingerGarlic paste
- 1/2 tsp – kasuri methi/dried
- Fenugreek leaves2 to 3 tsp – oil
- 1 – Red Chillies
- 2 tsp – coriander leaves, chopped finely
- salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE KADAI MUSHROOM MASALA:
1.Clean mushroom, cut in slices and keep aside.
2.Heat the oil, add cumin seeds. Saute till they start to crackle, then add red chillies and fry for a minute.
3.Add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and saute till onions turn slightly brown and raw aroma of ginger garlic disappears.
4.Next add the capsicums and saute well – but its crunchiness should remain.
5.Then add the tomato puree and fry for 3 – 4 mins till it is nicely cooked.
6.Then add the green chilli, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt – mix well and fry for few mins.
7.Add a little water if it’s very thick.
8.Add the mushroom and mix gently until all spices are well combined.
9.Simmer for 3-4 mins and keep the dish covered so that the mushroom gets cooked, becomes soft and is blended with the gravy.
10.Once the mushroom gets soft, simmer for 2 mins.
11.Then add kasoori methi, coriander leaves for garnishing and a little cream .
12.Goes well with chapattis, or even plain rice and dal.