Prep Time:10 mins / Cook Time :20 mins / Total time:30 mins
Yield / Serves: 3 to 4
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 tbsp. oil or as required
- 1 tsp ginger(Adrak), garlic(Lehsun) paste
- ½ tsp cumin(common name:Jeera)
- 1 cup very finely chopped onions
- 1 green chili slit or chopped (optional)
- ¾ to 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes or puree
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric(Haldi) powder
- ½ to ¾ tsp red chili powder
- 1tsp coriander(Dhania) powder
- ¾ to 1 tsp garam masala or sambar powder or curry powder
- 3 cups chopped mix vegetables (carrots, peas, beans, potatoes, capsicum, cauliflower,paneer,mushrooms)
- Water as needed
- Kasuri methi
- Corriander leaves(roughly chopped)
How to make the recipe
- In hot oil add cumin and sauté them until they start to crackle.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till its raw aroma disappears.
- Fry onions till they become pinkesh red color. Add tomatoes, salt and turmeric. Cook until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add all the dry masalas (red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala).
- Sprinkle a little salt.
- Mix & cook until the onion tomato mix turns soft. The raw smell of the onions, tomatoes should have gone by now and the masala turns fragrant.
- Add the mix vegetables and saute for 4 to 5 mins. Add water just to cover them partially.
- Cover and cook on a low to medium flame until the veggies are done fully. Add more or less water as needed to make the gravy thick or thin.
- Adjust salt.
- Add crushed kasuri methi if you want for taste. Cook further for 1-2 mins and turn off the flame.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves. Stir well and serve mix veg with chapati or rice.